To enable you to keep yourself and everyone else safe around you whilst working with your chainsaw, you need various tools and Personal Protective Clothing (PPE).Newlands Training supplies you with this list of equipment that we require for our chainsaw courses. You can either provide your own chainsaw and Personal Protective Clothing or we can provide it for you for a small additional fee.
CHAINSAW AND PERSONAL PROTECTIVE CLOTHING LISTS
- should be in good working condition with guide bar no longer than 15” unless discussed with Instructor
- Chainsaw should be to relevant safety criteria (see HSE Chainsaws at Work INDG 317)
- Top-handled chainsaws are not acceptable
- Supply of chain oil
- 2-stroke mix fuel
- Full tool kit so the chainsaw can be maintained including correct round file for the chain and combination spanner – we have a range of tools on site but better if you can easily provide your own.
- Felling lever, large or small with cant hook
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Chainsaw leather boots or chainsaw wellies only, Class 1-3. Spats are no longer acceptable under new regulations.
- Safety helmet incorporating ear defenders and face visor
- Chainsaw safety gloves – Class 0
- Chainsaw protective trousers with special safety fabric (type C or A). Type C is recommended for beginners
- Jackets and overalls should be made of non-snagging fabric with no cuffs, belts, flaps etc
- Waterproof clothing and spare clothing for the end of the day
- First Aid kit with a whistle and with extra large wound dressing
- Lightweight gloves for maintenance