Our current stormy weather has caused considerable damage to our trees and now is the time people reach for their chainsaws.Often the chainsaw is the best option. The chainsaw is a dangerous machine and trained operators have the following benefits:
- They avoid accidents by performing safely and efficiently with a well maintained chainsaw.
- They have insurance cover.
- The job will be efficient.
Many people feel they can master the skills of using a chainsaw by working it out for themselves. There are disadvantages:
- Storm damaged timber has extra hazards attached, and incorrect techniques by inexperienced operator will be putting themselves and others at huge risk.
- Insurance Companies do not like untrained operators so there will be no insurance cover.
Newlands Training Ltd offers a variety of chainsaw courses suitable for the work you undertake with your chainsaw and we are happy to talk to you about your specific requirements. Our forestry and arboriculture courses lead towards Lantra Awards Certification for occasional operators and the City & Guilds NPTC qualifications for the professional operators.