Basic Tree Survey and Inspection
This one-day course aims to provide tree survey and inspection skills at a basic level for those with a non-arboricultural background or with limited arboricultural knowledge, to allow them to identify obvious defects from ground level and then to report their findings to a line manager.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- State the legal and safety implications of hazardous trees
- Maintain your own health and safety while carrying out basic tree survey and inspection
- Recognize hazardous trees
- Determine level of risk
- Decide on an appropriate course of action
- Collect and maintain adequate information
- Recognize your own limitations
Who is the course for?
Any persons employed as local authority highway inspectors, forestry, woodland or arboricultural employees, estate or park rangers, farmers and other landowners or their employees who may have a responsibility for trees in the course of their work. Additionally, this course may be useful for those who work with trees in a voluntary capacity.
This is a training only course and you will receive a Lantra Awards Attendance Certificate
There are no pre-requisites.
You will be guided through the process with a mix of theory and practical sessions where you will learn the relevant health and safety issues, key legislation and risk assessments, and learn to identify hazardous trees. The course will include:
- Health and safety
- Risk assessment
- Legal framework
- Collecting the information
- The limits and scope of the surveys
- Hazardous trees
1 day course – £210 + VAT
We also offer discounts on multiple bookings
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
- 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
- 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
- 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
- Less than 1 days notice, no refund