Basic Tree Survey and Inspection is the first step for anyone with no experience
This one-day course aims to provide specific tree survey and inspection training at a basic level for those with a non-arboricultural background or with limited arboricultural knowledge, to allow them to identify obvious defects from ground level and then to report their findings to a line manager.
- State the legal and safety implications of hazardous trees
- Maintain your own health and safety while carrying out basic tree survey and inspection
- Recognize hazardous trees
- Determine level of risk
- Decide on an appropriate course of action
- Collect and maintain adequate information
- Recognize your own limitations
Who is the course for?
Any persons employed as local authority highway inspectors, forestry, woodland or arboricultural employees, estate or park rangers, farmers and other landowners or their employees who may have a responsibility for trees in the course of their work. Additionally, this course may be useful for those who work with trees in a voluntary capacity.
Lantra Awards Certificate
There are no pre-requisites.
Duration / Format
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Risk Assessment
- Legal Framework
- Tree Surveys
- Tree Inspections
- Tree Hazard Assessment
- Determining the scope and limits of the survey
- Parks, gardens, woodland
- Hazardous trees
- Methodology – what to look for
- Recording pro-formas
- Survey / inspection exercise
1 day course – £190 + VAT
We also offer discounts on multiple bookings
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
- 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
- 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
- 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
- Less than 1 days notice, no refund