Electrical Awareness – UA2 – Prune Trees (2.1 & 2.2 Ground/2.3 Aerial)
- Identify common species of broadleaf and coniferous trees, their growth rates and characteristics, and its significance to arboricultural works around power lines.
- Carry out a tree hazard evaluation and identify signs of ill health in trees.
- Understand the effects of poor tree pruning techniques.
- Identify work site hazards.
- Safely carry out branch pruning with insulated rods adjacent to power lines.
- Safely carry out an assissted tree fell.
- Safely carry out aerial tree works adjacent to power lines
Who is the course for?
Tree Surgeons and Contractors wishing to work for electricity companies
City & Guilds NPTC UA2
For Units 2,1 and 2,2: NPTC UA1, CS30, CS31
For unit 2.3: As above and also CS38, CS39, CS40
2 days – site based
- Tree indentification
- Tree hazard evaluation
- Pruning techniques
- Tree Categories
- Site safety
- Tree works adjacent to power lines
£1150+vat approx for 2 days with 4 people attending plus additional NPTC Assessment fees.
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
- 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
- 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
- 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
- Less than 1 days notice, no refund