Felling Trees over 380mm diameter follows Felling Trees under 380mm diameter and is essential before tackling Windblown Trees
- State the regulations and safety requirements relating to chainsaw use
- Assess trees to be felled for hazards and risks
- Use appropriate techniques and aids to take down trees
- De-limb trees using appropriate safe techniques
- Cross-cut safely to correct lengths
- Handle and stack timber
- Fell large trees between 1 and 2 times the guide bar length, ie 380mm to 760mm using correct cuts, stance, and felling aids
- Take down of trees using winches
Who is the course for?
This course is for people who are required to operate chainsaws to fell trees larger than the guide bar length. Courses lead to independent assessment to achieve City & Guilds NPTC or Lantra Awards Licence to Practice Qulaifications.
City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Award in Felling and Processing Trees Over 380mm Qual 2101
The pre-requisites for this course are City & Guilds NPTC units 2003 + 2004 or Lantra Awards Licence to Practice in maintenance, cross cutting & felling trees up to 380mm (old Units 30+31)
Tree felling activities should avoid disturbing wildlife in the nesting season and must comply with other felling requirements.
This course is independently assessed to either City & Guilds NPTC or Lantra Awards qualification standards and criteria.
- Maintenance re-cap
- Felling trees between 1 and 1.5 times guide bar length demonstration and takedown practice
- De-limbing including breakdown of large hardwood crowns
- Felling trees up to 2 times guide bar length. (760mm)
- Takedown including use of hand winches
- Cross-cutting up to 2 times guide bar length
Chainsaw complying with pre-course handout
Operator’s maintenance kit and equipment
Safety equipment to include:
- Safety helmet incorporating Ear defenders and eye protection and ‘Non’ snag top
- Chainsaw mitts/gloves (back of left hand safety padded)
- Chainsaw trousers or leggings with safety padding
- Chainsaw boots (for regular users) or safety boots with steel toe caps and safety spats for occasional users working in a level, snag free environment
NB: Instructors have been instructed not to undertake training where trainees do not have the appropriate protective equipment and appropriate saw.
4 days training and independent assessment – £575+VAT
Hire of chainsaw, protective clothing, and fuel £65+VAT per week
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
- 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
- 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
- 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
- Less than 1 days notice, no refund