Powered Pole Pruners
Our pruning saw training and assessment course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you have the confidence to operate and maintain this potentially dangerous tool safely and effectively. The course will include relevant health and safety guidelines making sure you stay protected.
As powered pole pruners are used above head height, certification is separate to chainsaw certification.
- Identify the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required, report on its condition and locate standard markings
- Identify health and safety features required on a pruning saw
- Identify faults and defects on a pruning saw and cutting equipment and decide which the operator can remedy and which require a service engineer’s attention
- Carry out routine operator maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction book and/or the course workbook
- Prepare the pruning saw for use with the correct fuel/oil mix and saw chain lubrication
- Start the pruning saw for use with the correct fuel/oil mix and saw chain lubrication
- Carry out pre-cutting safety tests and state the procedures if the pruning saw fails these tests
- State the possible hazards/risks when carrying out maintenance or operation tasks and complete a risk assessment
- Assess and explain the terms ‘tension’ and ‘compression’ in timber
- Adopt safe procedures to remove a trapped guide bar
- Use correct pruning methods
- Clear the pruned branches in a safe manner
- Organise site safety and state the procedures required
Who is the course for?
Our Powered Pole Pruner course is available for you if you work in areas such as arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping or grounds maintenance, and currently use or will be required to use a powered pole pruner.
NB: due to the nature of the training a minimum level of fitness is required for specific operations.
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Safe Use of a Powered Pole Pruner Qual 2006
Lantra Awards Integrated Training and Assessment (ITA) Certification
There are no pre-requisites.
1 day – classroom and practical sessions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Safety features of a powered pole pruner
- Maintenance of a powered pole prune, including chain, guide bar and engine
- Fuelling and starting a powered pole prune, and performing pre-cut checks
- Clearing the site and pruning saw checks
1 day course – £190 + VAT
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
- 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
- 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
- 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
- Less than 1 days notice, no refund