Powered Pole Pruners have their own certification separate to a chainsaw certificate in view of their use above head height
- Identify the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required.
- Report on its condition and locate standard marks.
- Identify health and safety features required on a pruning saw.
- Identify faults and defects on a pruning saw and equipment and decide which the operator can remedy and which require a service engineer’s attention.
- Carry out routine operator maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction book and/or the course workbook
- Prepare the pruning saw for use with the correct fuel/oil mix and saw chain lubrication.
- Start the pruning saw for use with the correct fuel/oil mix and saw chain lubrication.
- Carry out pre-cutting safety tests and state the procedures if the pruner fails these tests.
- State the possible hazards/risks when carrying out maintenance or operation tasks.
- Assess and explain the terms ‘tension’ and ‘compression’ in timber.
- Adopt safe procedures to remove a trapped guide bar.
- Use correct pruning methods.
- Clear the pruned branches in a safe manner.
- Organise site safety and state the procedures required.
Our Powered Pole Pruners course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only confident when using a powered pole pruner but also aware of relevant health and safety guidelines making sure you stay protected.
Who is the course for?
Our Powered Pole Pruner course is available for you if you work in arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping or grounds maintenance, and currently use or will be required to use a powered pole pruners.
NB: due to the nature of the training a minimum level of fitness is required for specific operations.
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Safe Use of a Powered Pole Pruner Qual 2006
Lantra Awards Integrated Training and Assessment (ITA) Certification
There are no pre-requisites.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Safety features of a pruning saw
- Maintenance of pruning saw, including chain, guide bar and engine
- Fuelling and starting a pruning saw, and performing pre-cut checks
- Clearing the site and pruning saw checks
1 day course – £190 + VAT
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
- 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
- 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
- 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
- Less than 1 days notice, no refund