Accessing a Tree with Rope and Harness & Aerial Rescue is the foundation training for arboriculture work coupled with your ground based chainsaw qualifications
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the legislation relating to tree climbing.
- Identify a range of personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to work positioning systems.
- Tie, dress and set a range of tree climbing knots.
- Identify hazards and manage the associated risks.
- Choose appropriate anchor points.
- Use techniques for safe, efficient ascent and descent.
- Carry out pre-use inspection of ladders and safe use of ladders for entry into tree.
- Understand the duties of a competent ground person.
- Establish safe and comfortable work positions.
- Understand correct final pruning position and the 1-2-3 method of branch removal.
- Remove light-weight lateral branches using hand tools.
- Use climbing irons safely and efficiently.
- Carry out aerial rescue techniques.
Who is the course for?
Tree surgeons, highways, landscape gardeners, conservation, utilities etc . The course is designed to prepare candidates for independent assessment for City & Guilds NPTC or Lantra Awards Licence to practice.
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing and Rescue Qual 2013
This course is independently assessed to either City & Guilds NPTC or Lantra Awards qualification standards and criteria.
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Tree climbing equipment – Inspection of equipment – LOLER’98
- Rope configurations
- Tree access
- Final anchor point and work positioning
- Light branch removal
- Use of flip line and climbing irons
- Aerial rescue
- Clearing site and equipment checks
- Climbing equipment – bring your own or we can provide this for you.
- Hand saw for working in tree
- First aid kit
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
6 days training and independent assessment £930 +VAT
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
- 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
- 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
- 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
- Less than 1 days notice, no refund