Clearing Saw safe use and operation training
The Clearing Saw is a powerful piece of equipment mainly used to clear woodland, bushes and undergrowth. Due to it being a hand held mobile piece of equipment it is important that it’s used correctly and adequate training has taken place to ensure that accidents do not happen.
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Produce a site-specific risk assessment for clearing saw operations.
- Identify the personal protective equipment required.
- Identify the health and safety features of a clearing saw.
- Identify defects on the clearing saw or cutting equipment, and decide which the operator can remedy and which require the attention of a service engineer.
- Carry out correctly all routine maintenance in accordance with the machine, manufacturer’s instruction book and/or the workbook.
- Prepare the clearing saw for use with the correct fuel/oil mix.
- Start the clearing saw from both hot and cold in a safe manner.
- Carry out pre-cutting checks.
- State the possible hazards and risks of carrying out maintenance or operational tasks.
- Maintain the clearing saw and blade in a safe and efficient working condition.
- Adjust the clearing saw for safe and comfortable operation.
- Select the correct cutting blade for the relevant operating conditions.
- Operate the clearing saw in a safe manner with regard for the safety of the public and property and with consideration for environmental factors.
- Organise the site and use a systematic method of working.
Who is the course for?
Individuals involved in:
Lantra or City & Guilds NPTC Certification
1 or 2 days (depending on experience) consisting of workshop and practical sessions
The 1 Day course £160+VAT per person
The 2 day course £260+VAT per person
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
Less than 1 days notice, no refund