COSHH Training (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
This course is designed to raise employees awareness of their responsibilities under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations when handling hazardous substances in order to create a safe working environment.
COSHH is the law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health. This COSHH training course raises awareness of the dangers associated with hazardous substances and the practical steps that can be taken to eliminate or reduce the risks that they present.
The course is suitable for anyone who comes into contact with hazardous substances and reviews how COSHH regulations protect employees in the workplace. Compliance with COSHH regulations, exposure to hazardous substances, and how to dispose of hazardous waste safely are covered through this course.
Who is the course for?
This qualification is designed for those who use substances hazardous to health at work. It introduces attendees to substances, the risks and controls available, and outlines what to expect from a COSHH assessment. The qualification will prepare employees to contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in their workplaces.
- Definition and types of substances hazardous to health in the workplace
- Health effects of hazardous substances and their causes
- COSHH assessments and control options
- Responsibilities imposed by the COSHH Regulations 2002
- Qualification – no assessment – supported by Attendance Certificate
1/2 day (2-3 hours minimum) – classroom based theory sessions.
Assessment & Certification
There is no assessment for this course.
Newlands Training Ltd Attendance Certificate will be issued to those who have completed the course.
1/2 day – £350 + VAT for up to 10 people
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
- 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
- 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
- 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
- Less than 1 days notice, no refund