Emergency First Aid at Work 1 day course is for everyone and suitable as a refresher every 3 years
Who is the course for?
Anyone in the workplace under the Health and Safety Regulations.
The last thing we all need in business is new regulations to get our heads around and the updated First Aid Regulations (1st October 2013) may cause you some concern. HSE have withdrawn their endorsement of First Aid Providers and it is now the responsibility of Employers to choose a Training Provider who can deliver a course suitable for their business and to be able to make that choice based on “due diligence” which means that various standards are maintained and quality is assured and can be evidenced. You need to be sure you have made the right decision and can prove it. Newlands Training Ltd is fully compliant with the new regulations – please see link below to our Blog
- Understand the role of the First-Aider, including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinter)
A certificate of attendance is produced and training should be repeated every three years as a minimum.
1 day course £80+VAT
We also offer discounts on multiple bookings
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
Less than 1 days notice, no refund