Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) +F Certificate – 1 day
This course will give learners the skills and confidence to respond to a range of accidents and first aid emergencies they could encounter in the workplace.
Our 1-day EFAW course is suitable for businesses who have identified their first aid needs and require someone to hold a current emergency first aid at work qualification. If you require additional first aid training e.g. employees with a medical condition, we recommend our 3-day course which teaches skills to recognise and treat a wider range of injuries and medical conditions.
This course covers Forestry First Aid (+F) for those working in the forestry and arboriculture industries, covering additional topics relevant to the risk associated within the industry, e.g. crush injuries, hypothermia/exposure, catastrophic bleeding.
Delivered in a classroom setting, this course offers a practical, hands-on approach that gives the skills and confidence to use in a real life situation. Each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions, and activities designed to coach and support them.
The last thing we all need in business is new regulations to get our heads around and the updated First Aid Regulations (1st October 2013) may cause you some concern. HSE have withdrawn their endorsement of First Aid Providers and it is now the responsibility of Employers to choose a Training Provider who can deliver a course suitable for their business and to be able to make that choice based on “due diligence” which means that various standards are maintained and quality is assured and can be evidenced. You need to be sure you have made the right decision and can prove it. Newlands Training Ltd is fully compliant with the new regulations.
Who is the course for?
Anyone in the workplace under the Health and Safety Regulations, such as those who work or intend to work in forestry, agricultural or remote environments, i.e. tree surgeons and farmers.
1-day – classroom based with practical sessions
- Understand the role of the First-Aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinter)
Assessment is conducted throughout the course through practical demonstrations and question and answer sessions, and an Attendance Certificate will be provided on successful completion, valid for 3-years.
1 day – £80 + VAT per person
We also offer discounts on multiple bookings
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
- 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
- 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
- 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
- Less than 1 days notice, no refund