Risk Assessment Training
As stated by the UK Health and Safety Executive, employers are required by law to protect their employees and others from harm. Under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the minimum employers must do is to:
- identify what could cause injury or illness in your business (hazards)
- decide how likely it is that someone could be harmed and how seriously (the risk)
- take action to eliminate the hazard, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk
Assessing risk is just one part of the overall process used to control risks in your workplace.
Employers and the self employed have a legal duty to assess health and safety risks. Anyone carrying out a risk assessment needs to have the necessary knowledge and skills. This qualification ensures that supervisors and managers have the necessary depth of understanding to enable them to carry out risk assessments.
Our course is designed to give attendees the knowledge and understanding of the key steps of the risk assessment process, enabling them to understand the legal requirements, assess and manage hazards, and perform a risk assessment in the workplace.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone that needs to carry out a risk assessment in the workplace.
- Principles of risk assessment
- Prioritising risk
- Monitoring controls
- Risk assessment in practice
- Qualification information
1/2 day (4 hours)
Assessment & Certification
There is no assessment, test or exam for this course.
A Newlands Training Ltd Attendance Certificate will be issued to attendees as evidence that they have attended an approved course.
1/2 day – £350 + VAT for up to 10 people
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
- 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
- 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
- 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
- Less than 1 days notice, no refund