Safe Application Of Pesticides Boom Sprayers
- Preparation and set up of sprayer
- Apply pesticides safely and efficiently with a field crop sprayer fitted with hydraulic nozzles
- Identify and select appropriate nozzles, carry out machine preparation and calibration
- Operate the equipment in compliance with current legislation and codes of practice
- Clean equipment, and dispose of unwanted pesticides and containers
- Identify and rectify faults and recognise conditions when spraying is inadvisable
Who is the course for?
This course is for those involved in Boom Sprayer Hydraulic Nozzle pesticide application and is for anyone who uses vehicle mounted / trailer boom spraying equipment (hydraulic nozzle) as part of their work. Participants should have attended the course Safe Use of Pesticides and/or hold the recognised certificate of competence ‘Safe Use of Pesticides’. If you would like to attend this course you must be able to proficiently use, and drive the particular vehicle(s) used during the training i.e. tractors or ATVs.
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides Using Self Propelled, Mounted, Trailed Horizontal Boom Sprayers (QCF) (PA2)
One day practical for experienced operators
This course is independently assessed on a separate day to City & Guilds NPTC standards and criteria.
- General safety
- Preparation for work
- Checking and fitting pump
- Hitching sprayer to tractor
- Cleaning and inspection
- Setting and testing application rate
- Setting boom height
- Preparing pesticides for work and filling sprayer
- Field operation
- Spray drift and environmental factors
- Field practice
- Out of season maintenance and storage
- Protective clothing to include face shield, hood, rubber gloves, and apron and coverall.
- Steel tape measure (2m)
- Notebook and pencil
- Pocket calculator
- NPTC ‘Pesticide Application’ schedule
- Instructional books for tractor and sprayer
Warm, well lit room with adequate tables and chairs, mains water supply/drain, 13 amp power point, building or yard with clean concrete floor, washing facilities, suitable field nearby.
1 day course – £125 +VAT
NPTC Test – £115
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
Less than 1 days notice, no refund