Safe Application Of Pesticides Using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment
- Apply pesticides safely and efficiently with a hand held applicator fitted with hydraulic nozzles
- Identify and select appropriate nozzles, carry out machine preparation and calibration
- Mix and fill applicator accurately and safely
- Operate the equipment in compliance with current legislation and codes of practice clean equipment, and dispose of unwanted pesticides and containers
- Identify and rectify faults and recognise conditions when spraying is inadvisable
- Decontaminate and store equipment
- Prevent environmental hazards
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for all those involved in operating and maintaining hydraulic nozzle type hand held sprayers. Participants should have attended course Safe Use of Pesticides or hold the recognised certificate of competence ‘Safe Use of Pesticides’.
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment (PA6) Qual 2016-54
One day practical for experienced operators
This course is independently assessed on a separate day to City & Guilds NPTC standards and criteria.
- General safety
- Preparing the sprayer and checking components
- Calibrating the hand held sprayer
- Operating the hand held sprayer in a variety of operating circumstances
- Decontamination of sprayer and protective clothing
- Out of season maintenance and storage
- Protective clothing to include face shield, hood, rubber gloves, and apron and coverall.
- Steel tape measure (2m and 10m long)
- Notebook and pencil
- Pocket calculator
- Instruction books for their sprayers
- Spare filters, nozzles etc.
Training ( 1 day) – £130+VAT
NPTC test – £105
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
- 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
- 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
- 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
- Less than 1 days notice, no refund