Safe Handling and Application Of Pesticides
- Develop knowledge covering the requirements of current legislation
- Learn how to use pesticides appropriately and safely, and keep proper records
- Understand how to store pesticides correctly
- Learn how to clean equipment, and dispose of unwanted pesticides and containers
- Cover procedures for dealing with contamination and poisoning incidents
Understand your duties under the law and help you become a safe and competent pesticide user.
Who is the course for? Our one day training course is for you if you are employed within the agriculture or horticulture industries, and if you are responsible for the storage, handling and application of pesticides. This course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety and legislation enabling you to work safely and effectively out in the field.
If you are registered with the NRoSO and/or BASIS (NRoSO = 12 points, BASIS = 12 points).
Due to the use of pesticides, it is important that you are able to read and interpret product information and have basic understanding of maths in order to participate in this course.
Certification City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in the Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides(QCF) (PA1)
One day for experienced operators – classroom based. This course is independently assessed on a separate day to City & Guilds NPTC standards and criteria.
- Current legislation
- Interpreting labels and literature
- Personal hygiene
- Selecting and using protective clothing
- Preparing pesticides for use
- Storing pesticides
- Transport and temporary storage of pesticides
- Disposing of empty containers, surplus unused pesticides and washings
- Dealing with accidental contamination
- Keeping records of people
- Environmental factors
Classroom based training course
Training (1 day) – £130+VAT
NPTC test – £125
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy: 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund Less than 1 days notice, no refund