Safe Use Of Pesticides Replacing Grandfather Rights
- Identify an operators responsibilities under current codes of practice relating to the use of pesticides on own land
- Explain the relevance of product label information
- Identify possible routes of pesticide contamination
- Identify appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for pesticide application
- Identify the symptoms of pesticide contamination
- Explain appropriate procedures for dealing with pesticide contamination
- State how pesticides should be stored and transported
- Identify appropriate methods of reducing waste from pesticide application
- State how to manage and dispose of surplus concentrate and dilute pesticides
- State how to manage and Dispose of waste materials arising from pesticide operations
- Identify the records required to comply with legislation and best practice in respect to pesticide operations
- Identify the risks to the environment from pesticides
- Describe how to carry out pesticide application to minimise the risk to the environment
- Explain appropriate procedures for dealing with environmental contamination from pesticides
- Appropriate use of equipment according to your optional selections – See below in course content
Who is the course for?
Only candidates born before 31st December 1964 are eligible to take this qualification. There is no upper age limit.
This qualification is specifically for those who were previously exempt under ‘Grandfather Rights’ who apply pesticides on land they own occupy. From 26th November 2015 under the requirements of the Plant Protection Products (Sustainable Use) Regulation a training certificate or Certificate of Competence is required for anyone who is going to apply any professional product. This qualification satisfies those requirements and will be awarded to Candidates who achieve the required level of competence in the units to which their Certificate relates.
Due to the use of pesticides, it is important that you are able to read and interpret product information and have basic understanding of maths in order to participate in this course.
CITY & GUILDS NPTC Level 2 Award in Safe Use Of Pesticides Replacing Grandfather Rights
Two day course – classroom and practical sessions.
This course is independently assessed on a separate day to City & Guilds NPTC standards and criteria.
One Mandatory Unit and one additional optional unit:
Mandatory – Unit 1 The principles of safe handling and application of pesticides on own land
Plus one optional unit from any of the following:
- Optional Unit – Unit 2 Hand held pesticide application on own land
- Optional Unit – Unit 3 Operating machines to apply pesticides to own land
- Optional Unit – Unit 4 Applying pesticides using other specific equipment or methods
Classroom and practical training sessions
Training (2 days) – £250+VAT
NPTC test – £235+VAT
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
Less than 1 days notice, no refund