Safe use of biocides
- Understand your responsibilities under the law and help you become a safe and competent biocide user
- Interpret and use product label information
- Store and transport biocides safely
- Dispose of biocides and containers safely
- Record information correctly
- Identify rats and mice and the typical symptoms of damage caused
- Identify non-target species
- Identify the degree and source of an infestation
- State the legislative obligations and responsibilities relevant to the control of
Rats and mice
- Describe the lifestyle, habits and habitats of rats and mice
- Plan, implement and monitor an effective control programme for rats and mice
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods of rat and mouse control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
- Understand the effect rodent control can have on the environment and ensure risks to non-target animals are minimised.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed to help people plan and carry out rat and mouse control. It is intended to provide a full working knowledge of both preventive and curative methods
to be able to plan, implement and monitor a control programme that is appropriate to the situation, assessing and using the most efficient and safe methods and with due regard to the environment.
The workbook has been produced to accompany a Lantra Awards training course and to inform operators of current ‘safe working practice’. It is written to give broad guidelines. Users of rodenticide must refer to literature, product labels and Health and Safety data sheets of any products they may use in controlling rodents.
It is the responsibility of anyone carrying out rodent control to be familiar with the relevant legislation concerning the humane and effective management of rat and mouse problems. Whilst guidance is given during the course on the main legislation and its relevance to rodent control, it is essential that those engaged in pest control should keep up to date with changes in legislation that may affect pests or pest control. The final interpretation of any piece of legislation rests in the court.
Lantra Awards Integrated Training and Assessment (ITA) Certificate
A meeting room with power supply
1 day course – £190+VAT
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
Less than 1 days notice, no refund