All Terrain Vehicle – Sit-in
All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) are versatile machines and as such are popular for many outdoor businesses. However, without proper training serious accidents can, and do, occur.
This course will help you master the skills needed to operate an ATV safely and confidently, whilst gaining experience tackling different and challenging terrains, from hill climbs to public roads. You will also cover loading and towing, identify and report mechanical faults, and understand the health, safety and legal issues.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on safe practice
- Identify the risks associated with using a sit-in ATV
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment
- Understand the main causes of accidents
- Identify the controls and components
- Understand the function of all instruments
- Carry out daily checks as indicated in the operator’s manual
- Carry out appropriate pre-start checks
- Identify and report any faults
- Start up and drive over a variety of terrain and ground conditions
- Carry out a ‘failed hill’ climb (full course only)
- Carry out a risk assessment and plan the route
- Operate the sit-in ATV safely on a variety of slopes and terrain (full course only)
- Identify loading/towing capacities
- Drive with loads and trailed equipment (full course)
- Load and secure for transport on the road (if appropriate)
- Understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on the public road
- Identify track profile and weight transfer
- Load and unload machine from trailer/lorry
Who is the course for?
This course is for any person who uses, or will be using, an all terrain vehicle (ATV) for work. Whether novice or experienced operator, the course is designed for using conventional sit-in ATVs.
Lantra Awards, NPORS or City & Guilds NPTC
1 or 2 days depending on experience – The course includes operator assessment and certificates will be awarded to those reaching the required standard.
- What is a tracked or multi-wheeled vehicle?
- Preventing accidents
- Daily checks
- Instruments and controls
- Start and stop
- Basic safe driving
- Possible problems
- HSE Legislation
- Practical exercise
1 day integrated training/assessment – £190+VAT per person
2 day integrated training/assessment (including implements & loads) – £330+VAT per person
Newlands Training Ltd have the following cancellation policy:
- 7 working days notice, full fee refund, less administration charge of £25.00
- 3-7 working days notice, 50% fee refund
- 1-3 working days notice, 25% fee refund
- Less than 1 days notice, no refund
Less than 1 days notice, no refund